Wherever organizations are Zoned for Leadership, mentoring is part of the executive development mix.
Executive mentors facilitate long-term and enduring success. Since antiquity renowned leaders have had their own mentors. (Alexander the Great’s mentor was Aristotle, no less.) Mentoring and medicine, indeed, are the oldest helping professions.
Executive mentoring shares much in common with executive coaching. In general, however, executive mentoring deals with broader and longer-term issues than coaching.
Executive mentoring addresses questions like these:
- What does professional success mean to you?
- What does it take to be effective in your current corporate culture?
- Which leaders and executives do you most admire?
- What are their secrets? What wisdom guides them?
- How can you tap into that wisdom for yourself?
- How can you achieve great success without sacrificing a healthy life-balance?
By guiding inquiries like this, our executive mentors help you clarify your own thinking, build greater insight, and develop new levels of career wisdom.
Our mentors also serve as sounding boards and provide safe conversations in which you explore new concepts and ideas with a supportive listener.
Most of all, having your own executive mentor can help you become a more effective mentoring leader yourself.
Special Note: Strategic Leadership Development International specializes in helping companies develop their own internal coaching and mentoring programs. We can help you
- design your program from scratch
- provide initial training in coaching and mentoring skills for your management team
- assist with pairing leaders and the employees in mentoring relationships
- conduct periodic reviews of the mentoring program and its effectiveness
- deliver advanced training to help your leaders take their mentoring skills to a higher level
Internal mentoring programs are one of the hottest initiatives in companies who want to be Zoned for Leaders. Let us help you develop a pioneering program of your own.